- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This terraced cottage sits opposite the Newlyn Art Gallery, in the heart of this quaint Cornish village.
With pleasant accommodation for four people, this is a fine choice for couples seeking to explore what southern Cornwall can offer.
After returning from a scenery-filled walk along the South West Coast Path, put your feet up in the vintage sitting room which features a pretty coffee table and a warming electric fire.
Sliding doors lead you into a splendid dining room which shows off some wonderful antique features and a charming table set for four.
Rustle up your hearty meals in Mermaid Cottage's light and bright kitchen, lined with pristine white units, a lovely breakfast table and graced with charming seaside features in-keeping with the fine location.
The first floor provides a pleasant family bathroom and two welcoming double bedrooms, one of which comes with a telescope looking out across the sea.
Explore this delightful seaside village at ease, with its fabulous amenities and pier at your fingertips.
The neighbouring town Penzance is one of Cornwall's finest, offering visitors a picturesque harbour along with its array of shops, bars and restaurants.
Enjoy this quirky cottage at any time of year.
Over two floors: Two double bedrooms. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with breakfast area. Dining room. Sitting room with electric fire.
- Night storage heaters with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV, DVD, radio, CD player, books/DVDs/games
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Unrestricted parking outside property Oct-Apr (May-Sep, 6pm-9am only)
- Seven free parking spaces 60 yards away on first come, first served basis, at end of terrace on the sea front
- Pay and display public car park 100 yards away charged by the hour, or £5 per day
- Free overnight parking available on Art Gallery forecourt opposite property Private enclosed courtyard with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Check in time 4pm.
About the location
Penzance 1 mile.
Nestled next to Penzance, and although still a quaint town in its own right, Newlyn is actually the third largest fishing port in England, and an important Port of Refuge for all seafaring craft. This Cornish town is clustered around the harbour, with its historic 800 year old quay (the Mayflower actually left for America from this quay, not Plymouth) curling around a few small boats on the western side. Famous for the Newlyn school of Art and Newlyn Copper, the Cornwall Coastal Path passes through the town, as does the level Mousehole to Marazion cycle path. An abundance of wildlife and flora can be enjoyed along both, with basking sharks, dolphins and grey seals often seen. The Cornish coast is renowned for surfing, and Penwith offers some splendid beaches on which to enjoy this sport as well as surf fishing for sea bass. Mounts Bay also offers a wealth of opportunity for watersports enthusiasts as well as giving visitors an opportunity to relax and unwind in beautiful surroundings.