- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Previously home to Mevagissey's first bank, tucked away down one of the its winding streets, is this Grade II listed cottage.
The Old Bank House has been renovated to a fine standard, with character features throughout, offering a charming base to return to at the end of each day.
Set over three floors, you have all the home comforts you need in the cosy sitting room; relax with a good book and warm your feet by the fire, taking in the soothing colour schemes.
The dining room is bright and airy, uplifted by parquet flooring and a refreshing choice of décor.
It is also pleasantly overlooked by the second level.
Gather with family and friends for a delicious feast, before retiring to one of the tastefully decorated bedrooms on the ground and second floors.
Three of the doubles come with en-suite facilities, while the rest are served by the family bathroom on the top level.
The shaded patio offers a cool spot overlooking the fishing village, with a paved terrace and barbecue for relaxed alfresco dining.
A short stroll will take you to the harbour, pubs and restaurants of Mevagissey, where you can wander to the water's edge to glimpse anglers unloading their catch of the day.
Challenge yourselves with the South West Coast Path and discover the wonderful Eden Project.
You also have the Lost Gardens of Heligan easily reached and the cathedral city of Truro, with its shops, pubs and riverside walks.
This wonderful retreat is just what you need for a rejuvenating break in Cornwall.
Reverse level accommodation. Over three floors. Six bedrooms: 1 x ground floor king-size double with en-suite shower room with shower, basin and WC, 2 x ground floor doubles with en-suite shower room with shower, basin and WC, 1 x second floor king-size double, 1 x single, 1 x second floor single. Second floor bathroom with corner bath, basin and WC. First floor kitchen. Utility room/WC. First floor dining room. First floor sitting room with open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric cooker, 2 electric ovens, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 4 x TVs (1 with Sky+), DVD, PlayStation, stereo/CD, WiFi, DVDs/books/games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen ad towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate available
- Parking for 1 car in public car park 2 mins walk (cost inc. in rent), guests may stop briefly before 10am/after 4pm for loading/unloading outside property
- Paved terraced garden with furniture & BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops/pubs/harbour 100 yards
- Note: Balcony and sash windows on 2nd floor, young children to be supervised
- Note: Due to large stone steps and a fenced drop, access to the garden may be unsuitable for guests with limited mobility, and children should be supervised at all times
- Note: Dog owners are requested to not leave dogs unattended in garden due to layout
About the location
St. Austell 5.5 miles; Truro 16 miles.
The perfect Cornish fishing village, with winding cobbled streets and a picturesque harbour full of boats. Stunning walks lead along the coast in both directions, with sandy beaches, high cliffs and hidden coves to explore. The village has an excellent selection of pubs and restaurants, whilst just up the road are the Lost Gardens of Heligan. A ferry from Mevagissey to Fowey also runs daily between Easter and September. Spend some time at the Tall Ships harbour at Charlestown (7 miles) with its shipwreck museum, or among the tropical biomes of the world-famous Eden Project (11 miles). The stunning coastline, fabulous beaches and renowned gardens of the beautiful Roseland Peninsula are a short drive down the coast while Truro, with its shops, restaurants, theatre and cathedral can be reached by car in half an hour.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute